Friday, December 28, 2007

inspiration!



I love visiting my cousins.

Random, I know. :) But I really do! We (myself, Gabriel, my mom, brother and his girlfriend) went to my cousin's house in Pinecrest for Christmas Day, and I remembered what I want out of my life. They have a good life... ok they're better off than most people. But its a good life!!!! :)

Her two kids are 5 and 7, and they remind me soooo much of my brother and me at that age! Santa was extremely generous this Christmas and brought them a Wii.... and needless to say, the adults were more into it than the kids. ha! ;) It's just really cool to see these kids grow and learn, and it was so weird because her son was telling me about his mom... and I had to remember he was talking about my cousin for a minute! It's so cool to see a family grow in such a beautiful way.

Even better, I think, is seeing a Christian family grow like that. They are there for each other.. my aunt, my cousins, the kids- they're all there for each other, whenever they need it. My cousin is still very much in love with her husband, who she's been with for about 15 years now... that was so inspiring! :) I started thinking of my future with Gabriel, and knowing that we would still be as in love as we are now, 15 years down the road. And we'd have the kids and the big family and everything to make it better! :)

Ahhh.. refreshing and inspiring!


In other news... I watched "P.S. I Love You" today.
Oh. My. Goodness.
What a SAD movie!!!!!

If you are depressed, I strongly recommend you go see this! Especially if you want to kill yourself!!!
Ok. Not if you're suicidal. That's not cool. But its pretty much THAT depressing. :(
Don't get me wrong.. it was romantic.. but I don't know how I would possibly deal with a loss like that!!! And writing letters to me from the grave?!?! I'll pass, thanks.
It just makes you grateful for all that you have in your life at this moment. And I am one of the most grateful of them all... I have the things I need, the best friends I could possibly ask for, a boyfriend who loves me, and best of all, a God who provides! :)

What could top that?
:)

No comments: