Friday, January 15, 2010

Development

Last night, I watched Julie & Julia with my mom. It looks so easy writing and maintaining an interesting blog in the movies. So, I decided that I need a new focus for this blog, and a new, catchy, witty title.

Any suggestions from any creative folk out there?

Also, I'm pretty excited about this semester and all it has in store. For one of my classes, I'll be heading out to Liberty City to cover the Social Services beat for my journalism class's as-yet-unnamed online newspaper (The Liberty City Link? The Liberty City Wire? The Grid? We can't seem to decide). It's something new and exciting and fresh, and I can't wait to get out and start telling people's stories. Stay tuned, I'll be posting links to my articles as well as the newspaper once it's up and running.

For another journalism class, Multiethnic Reporting, we are to focus on an area that we would otherwise be scared of going due to prejudices or bias, and then we have to go there! And just hang out. Another cool class. It promises to be politically incorrect and never dull. We have to create a blog to journal our experiences, so if you wanna check that out, click here.

:)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

sounds like you are going to have an awesome semester. Keep the adventures coming :0

Merari said...

FUN! I think you'll definitely learn and grow a lot this semester.

Anne Marie said...

I'm totally lame at coming up with a title, but since no one else has...
Alexita's Noticias
or
something journalism related with your name? I don't know. I'm happy to hear all the cool stuff going on with you! Blessings.