Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Perspective.

This video was shown yesterday at church (click through to the link, because embedding is disabled). It moved me so much that I wanted to share.

The pastor's message today was about getting rid of those worldly things which give us a temporary feeling of happiness and instead focusing on the greatness of God.  This has been an area of weakness for me lately. I've been letting things get in the way of my relationship with Him, and, I have to admit, I've caught myself relying on worldly things rather than on Christ to make me happy.

The video made me realize how perspective can change everything. I mean, here I am, healthy and happy as a clam, and I take God's goodness for granted so often. But for this man, who is facing the reality of death, all he wants to do is praise God. Amazing.

No comments: