Sunday, January 24, 2010

Retail Therapy!

So, yesterday I was having a pretty "blah" day. I was super emo and angry at the world for no apparent reason... I still can't put my finger on what it was! Anyway, I decided to do some studying for my Consumer Economics exam at school. After a couple of hours of that, Gabby surprised me in the library and asked if I wanted to do anything later. I said yes, so I headed on home while he went to church for mass. On the way home, I passed by the Goodwill Superstore. I remembered a friend of mine telling me that she had bought a super cute and chic jacket there for just $3! And since: 1) I was in the area, and 2) I'm a broke college student with barely enough to pay the bills, I thought, what the heck. Goodwill it is!

Let me just say, it's my new favorite store.

I walked (skipped?) away with:


  • Abercrombie & Fitch jeans ($4)
  • Michael Kors pants ($3!! I still can't believe it!!)
  • Vintage boyfriend blazer ($7)
  • Mossimo for Target T-shirt ($3)
All that for a total of $18.73!! That definitely made my college-student's heart oh so happy. Considering that I haven't gone shopping in ages just because I never have any money and clothes seem to be getting more and more expensive, I am SO excited to have discovered the beauty of thrifting! 

That literally made my day. Retail therapy really exists, and its name is Goodwill.

I still can't stop raving about it! {Well, that, and we ended up watching The Book of Eli. AMAZING. If you haven't seen it, GO. Right now.}

1 comment:

Mrs.Divalicious said...

wow! that is fantastic! need to check out that store :)