Monday, March 22, 2010

60 Minutes: The Lost Children of Haiti

For my broadcast reporting class, one of our weekly assignments is to watch the newsmagazine 60 Minutes each week. We're supposed to point out our favorite segments and discuss why they are important: Is there compelling video or audio? Is there a compelling narrative? Is there an interesting way the reporter interviews?

I thought it'd be a good idea to start a feature for this format, since 60 Minutes is a great way to see how real journalism is done.

So for my first 60 Minutes feature, I give you "The Lost Children of Haiti."

The narrative is so compelling, I literally stopped what I was doing when I was watching it and just took it all in. It's heartbreaking, yet still very newsworthy. The way the story is told, the descriptions, the compelling characters, their stories... it all blends together in a way that shows why 60 Minutes is the best newsmagazine on television.



Watch CBS News Videos Online

No comments: