Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Changes..



I've become fed up with saying I'm going to go on a diet and not doing it... So I'm making it official.

I'm going on a diet! :)

I'm praying for willpower, something of which I (greatly)lack. Please pray for me too!! I haven't really decided on a specific program... for now, I'm just going to try to stick with eating more salads and proteins, and cutting back on bread and pasta and the like... and I'll definetly be writing everything down. That always helps. Maybe I should create a special blog to vent about the frustrations that come with eating right (i.e, not eating when I'm angry or bored!)? lol

I've been telling myself that I would start eating right for months now, but I always end up telling myself that I'll do it "tomorrow". That inevitable tomorrow that never seems to come!!!
But I saw some recent pictures of myself, and I've been noticing a change in my self esteem and general body image... and I decided it's time for a change. My goal is to lose 20 lbs. by my birthday (September 18th), which, I think, is a pretty sensible goal... I can do 20 lbs. in 4 months! :)

The only obstacle I see in my way is the issue of exercise. It's the most important aspect in weight loss, but unfortunately, I'm not registered for any summer classes at FIU, so I won't be able to use the gym there until the fall semester. I don't want to spend money on a gym; times are tough!! Have you looked at gas prices?? I'd much rather spend $40 a month on my gas than $40 on a gym.

So, if anyone is interested in joining me for a daily jog or workout session, I'm available ;)
I get out of work at 6:30, so holler if you need a workout buddy! :)

1 comment: