Thursday, October 16, 2008

An Early Thanksgiving

So today I was checking out some old blog entries, as well as those of some friends. How time flies! I looked at some of the entries from a year ago and laughed at how long ago it seems. It's been one heckuva year, that's for sure. I've experienced so many different things, but most importantly, I have grown so much closer to God, and gained a greater understanding of what it means to live in His word.

In the wise words of Ferris Bueller, Life moves pretty fast sometimes. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss it. How true that is! Life is hectic. We know this. It's day after day of homework, studying, work, projects, essays, and somewhere in there, a social life. It's easy to overlook God in the busyness of the everyday. It's easy to take so many things for granted.

I'm not perfect; I've overlooked God on many occasions. Instead of focusing on Him, and His answers to my questions, I've dwelled on the problems going on around me and looked for my own solutions. I guess it happens to everyone at some point. But God always has a way of showing me who's in charge, and He's great on reminding me of all the wonderful things He has blessed me with.

I have been blessed with wonderful friends.



I have been blessed with a wonderful family (and family-in-law).



I have been blessed with a wonderful boyfriend.


I have been blessed with the gift of life. I have all five of my senses, I am in pretty good health, and I go to sleep every night and wake up every morning.

Sometimes, life can cloud our perception of where God is in our lives. We might not see Him, but He is definetly always there. And even when we are distant from Him, like any good friend, He does something to remind us just how amazing He really is and bring us back to Him. Don't worry about life, it can take care of itself. God will handle it.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
--Matthew 6:34


God is faithful.
--1 Corinthians 10:13

2 comments:

Gabby said...

:)

you're awesome babe!


i feel the same way a bunch of times...but i am forever grateful that God blessed me in a way where we could cross paths


i love you

Lauren said...

Aww my favorite bible version 1 corth. 10:13. I'm glad that you have such a positive perspective on things. God is faithful, gracious, and above all loving.